Are you paying too much to heat your home?
Michigan’s deregulated natural gas market means you don’t have to buy from the utility. If you are a residential customer in the DTE Gas Company or Consumers Energy utility service areas, you can buy from us at a competitive rate. It’s called the
“Gas Customer Choice Program.”
It’s easy to make the switch to Dillon Energy Services!
- Get a natural gas rate that may be lower than the utility’s monthly rate
- Safe and secure way to potentially save on your gas bill
- Fixed and variable contracts available
- No up-front expenditure
- For customers in the DTE Gas Company and Consumers Energy utility service areas
- Your utility will deliver your gas, read your meter, respond to service calls & send monthly bills
- Dillon Energy Services is licensed as an Alternative Gas Supplier (AGS) by the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC)
- Our natural gas team is ready to answer your questions and get you started
Learn more about making the switch to Dillon Energy Services for your natural gas!
Call our Natural Gas Customer Choice Line: 855.496.7366
Frequently Asked Questions about Gas Customer Choice
What is the Natural Gas Customer Choice Program?
- In Michigan, customers can buy gas from an Alternate Gas Supplier, rather than the utility, at a competitive price and without service interruption.
Am I eligible to switch to Dillon Energy Services?
- If either DTE Gas Company or Consumers Energy is your current utility, and your account is active and in good standing, you can make the switch to Dillon Energy Services to supply your natural gas. A nominal fee of $10 may be required by your utility for more than one switch within a 12-month period.
What rate plans are available?
- A fixed plan offers the security of a fixed rate for the term of the contract to protect against risks such as extreme weather or world events, which can cause market volatility and price spikes.
- A variable plan price changes monthly, based on the market price of gas.
- We can help you choose a program that is best for your specific needs.
What will my current natural gas utility do when I switch?
- Deliver your natural gas.
- Read your meter.
- Handle any service calls related to delivery, meter issues, and emergencies.
- Send your monthly bills.
Can I remain on my budget billing plan?
- Yes, nothing will change about how and when you are billed. You will still receive one monthly bill. The new supplier rate will be listed instead of the GCR (Gas Cost Recovery) utility rate.
Do I have to call my current utility when I enroll with Dillon Energy Services?
- No. Dillon Energy Services will contact your utility to let them know that you are making the switch to us as your natural gas supplier. There will be no service interruption.
What are the benefits of Gas Customer Choice with Dillon Energy Services?
- Competitive pricing.
- Option of fixed rate and variable pricing plans.
- Personalized service from the experienced Dillon Energy Services team.
- Enrollment is fast, easy and convenient.
If I have questions, who do I contact?
- Contact your utility for all billing and maintenance issues. Call Dillon Energy Services for with any questions about the cost of your natural gas.
Contact us about your residential natural gas rate.
You Have a Choice When Buying Your Natural Gas